Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Found: Henry Wallace Speaks, The Movie

I was going through a box of antique photographic equipment today and came across a few 16mm movie film canisters with the old Eastman Kodak logo on them. Inside I found two movies. The most interesting one is Henry Wallace Speaks. Wallace served as the 33rd Vice President of the United States under Franklin D Roosevelt from 1941to 1945. The movie appears to be an original run or a very old copy.

Antique Movie Henry Wallace Vice President





TIME Magazine named Wallace as one of Americas worst Vice Presidents:

"A colleague once described Henry Wallace as "a person answering calls the rest of us don't hear." Wallace did indeed feel a calling: the Iowa-born son of a former agriculture secretary declared his greatest aspiration was "to make the world safe for corn breeders." - thats TIME writing, not me. 

America's Worst Vice Presidents

This movie could be interesting. I can't find any reference to it on the internet. The canister is a little beat up but film itself  looks like it is in great condition. 

There was also a 16mm movie Killers in the Insect World. There are a few copies of this floating around. I found one on eBay. I'm not as excited about that one. The last canister was empty.

I sold all of my projectors. Rats.

I'll have to find a home for the Wallace footage. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment